Saturday, July 08, 2006

The University of Padua p26


Ceiling

This is a picture mom took of the ceiling in the cloisters of the University of Padua.


The University of Padua

Padua is a college town. Much like College Station (where I spent my college career.) I liked the city alright, but got pretty bored of it, actually. Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was because I was just already missing Venice.

My favorite thing in Padua was the Scrovegni Chapel. I don't have a picture of it (because you couldnt take pictures of it) but it was the most magnificently painted chapel in all of Italy. The story behind it was great, too. It was newly renovated and finally open to the public. http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/g/giotto/padova/index.html
Those pictures do it no justice, but thats as good as I can find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home