Saturday, July 08, 2006

Fancy Schmancy Stonework p20


Took a breather here

From the steps at the bottom of this building are where all the previous pictures (of the church and the musician) were taken. In front of the building on the right in the picture is where the musicians were playing. Down that street between the two buildings is the street where the geraniums were.


Building to the Right

This is the front shot of the building that the musicians were playing in front of. (I know I'm getting more descriptive and less illustrative, I'm sorry.) I really dont know the function of these places, they were just really pretty. Also, the picture of the columns a few pages back is a side view of this building's facade.


Sigh, what a bridge.

Called 'the bridge of sighs.' Appropriate, since this is where the prisoners that have been tried in the Doge's palace walk across on their way to their cells. These windows are their last view of the gorgeousness of Venice before they serve their time. I would sigh, too. We went through this bridge, too, on the way to the prison. I dont recall if I sighed or not.

Also, the gondolas were strategically placed for my picture. I really appreciate that mister gondoliers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home